Monday 4 April 2011

Music magazine photo shoot

Photo shoot for my magazine front cover, contents page and double-page spread.
I decided to use a plain white background. To make sure the background was as plain as possible, I took the images infront of a white wall with a white surface below to reflect the light. I also used a bright light to make sure they were clear and bright. I chose my model to appeal to my target audience of people aged 16+, interested in indie music predominently females. I did a range of shots, with various moods, camera angles, poses and outfits. I took inspiration for some of my photos from other music magazines including 'clash' and 'spin' magazine.










I decided to take some close-ups of the model. Below I took pictures of the model bracelets, the model playing the guitar and writing lyrics and the models tattoo. I thought I could place a few of these images on the bottom of the article to make it look aesthetically pleasing whilst allowing the reader to see more of the featured artist.











Seperate photographs I have taken to go onto the contents page in 'This weeks special features collumn on the contents page.







No comments:

Post a Comment