Thursday 31 March 2011

Music magazine double-page spread production


I have created a question and answer interview with the featured artist, putting the questions in bold to separate the text, making it easier for the audience to read. I decided to make two quotes from the interview in a different text, larger than the rest of the interview and in a different colour to draw attention to them. I have also put a quote from the interview in large font on the left hand side of the double page spread, which will sit over the image this will hopefully make the reader curious about the article and persuade them to read it. I have used pink, swirly lettering for the title and the two lines running down the side of the page, which continues the house style and matches the front cover and contents page. I created this effect in order to bring the magazine pages together. Above the interview, I included a short description of the article as an introduction and again, to try and interest the reader.  The left page of my double-page spread is a large image of the featured artist that i selected from the magazine photo shoot, I made the image large across on side of the page to catch the reader’s eye and to make the article look both professional and aesthetically pleasing. I separated the text into three different sections by using the same pink lines as on the side of the double-page spread. I thought this would break up the text and encourage the reader to read the article as a large block of text can often be off putting. Below the article, I included three separate images from the photo shoot which are close ups of the model playing the guitar, the models bracelets and the models tattoo. I think these allow the reader to see more of the featured artist. I wanted my article to have quite a fun and feminine mood so i decided to pick quite a fun and casual picture from the magazine photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment