Thursday 31 March 2011

Music magazine contents page production


For my contents page, I have carried the colour scheme and the fonts through from the front cover, automatically creating a house style for my magazine. I separated my contents page into two sections. On the left page, the content was predominantly text, with a bold title, contents list and subscription details. I thought it was important for my title to be bold so it’s the first thing the reader will see, making them see what the page is straight away. I have then broken down the contents list by making the font for the numbers a different colour and larger than the page description. I also divided the page up by using different subheadings which makes it easier for the reader to locate  a specific article if needed. As well on this page, I included a band index listing all of the artists that feature in my magazine so the reader can easily scan down the list and recognise the artist’s names, potentially interesting the reader. At the bottom of the page, I included subscription details which works as a self advertisement for my magazine, advertising the fact the reader can save money when buying the magazine, this will encourage the reader to purchase the magazine on a regular basis. On the right hand side of the page, I have made the page revolve around the special features in this week’s issue. I have left a space for an image of my main featured artist on the top of the page and a longer description of the article. Below this, I have included six smaller images of special features, including live band reviews, album reviews and festival count downs. For each of these special features, I used the same font from the front cover and a larger and different coloured page number to separate the text and make the features easy to read whilst still being aesthetically pleasing. Finally, at the bottom of the page, I included two parallel pink lines which I will carry through on all of my magazine pages which works as a kind of house style.

No comments:

Post a Comment