Thursday 31 March 2011

Music magazine front cover production


For my front cover, I decided to keep both the layout and the content as simple as possible whilst keeping it looking professional and aesthetically pleasing to the reader. To do this, I only included five cover lines of the features I thought would interest my target audience and persuade them to purchase the magazine. I chose three colours from the image and used them in my cover lines. I thought that by doing this, I was able to link all aspects of the magazine together. I made my title look quite conventional but making it larger than the cover lines and left justified. This automatically made my front cover look more professional. Underneath the title I included the date the magazine was published, the issue number and the price by putting this information under the title, it's easy for the audience to quickly locate but so that it doesn't direct the attention away from the cover lines. At the bottom of the page, I added m main cover line, which was to be linked to my double-page spread. Due to the fact this feature of my magazine was more important than my other cover lines, I wrote it in a larger font to make sure the reader’s attention was drawn straight to it. It was also important to indicate which cover line went with the image on the magazine, I felt the larger font successfully indicated this to the reader. I chose my cover image because I thought it was clear and didn't have a lot going on, which allowed the audience to clearly see the artist. By having a mid shot of the model with a direct address and no background, the attention is kept on the artists and the cover lines are easy to read. This is particularly important for the front cover because this is where the first impression of the magazine is made. The layout of my front cover is quite conventional with an organised layout and typical features such as a left justified mast head, a number of cover lines, a bar code and a mid shot of the featured artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment